It’s been awhile since I shared what I’ve been reading around the internet and otherwise, using on the daily, and buying for the upcoming season and my travels.
Spent last weekend in Missoula for little brother’s college graduation from University of Montana
AROUND THE WEB
- My favorite thing is to find new bloggers to be inspired by. Semi-recently I discovered Courtney Kerr of Kerrently.com. Her blog is great, but I especially love her YouTube channel. She’s hilarious and relatable, and I love listening to her voice.
- Damsel in Dior is one of my favorite bloggers. Actually she was the first blogger I really fell in love with, and was the main inspiration behind starting my blog. She just started a podcast, and I might be biased, but I love it. You don’t get to learn much about her husband since he stays separate from the blog, but he’s very involved in this project, and it’s fun to hear their banter. She’s interviewed Catt Sadler from E! News, and has some other bloggers coming down the pipeline. They talk about life, blogging, she answers questions, they call readers; it’s fun to hear a more real side, and I’m excited to see what else they come up with.
- I’m sure you heard by now, but Brad Pitt did an interview that was published in GQ’s quarterly magazine, GQ Style. You can read the article here, but I highly recommend picking up a copy in person. The hard copy includes more photos, and Ryan McGinley captured Brad Pitt in a way we’ve never seen him before. I cried just looking at the photos, and continued through the article. He gets honest about his recent divorce, and how his drinking played such a big part in that, and what he’s doing now to just keep his head above water. It’s so human and real.
Image by Ryan McGinley borrowed from here
FOOD – I haven’t actually tried the first three of these, but they are on my must make ASAP list
- A lot of times I’ll work in my living room and have the TV on in the background. I’ve come to love the Food Network and usually during the day it’s Trisha Yearwood and then The Pioneer Woman. Most of their recipes are a little heavier, but sometimes they have something that’s a little easier on the waistline and still looks amazing, like this Andouille Sausage and Pepper Pouch that will be so perfect for the grill come summertime.
- If you’re not a big meat-eater, these Eggplant Steaks look like a great alternative.
- And you can’t go wrong with Coconut Curry Shrimp.
- For a little while, I was making açai bowls at home, and making my own granola to go with it. This Healthy Granola Recipe is, no joke, the best granola I’ve ever had. I’d make a whole gallon bag and it would only last a few days in my household.
If you do try any of these recipes, please let me know how they turn out!
- I’ve recently become a huge fan of Beauty Counter. I use the lipgloss every single day, and the charcoal mask as much as it will let me. I’m usually not a gloss fan, but this stuff isn’t sticky at all, and my face feels so so soft after using the mask.
- Influenster sent me some stuff from Lancôme, and I am such a fan. The Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Face Sunscreen is maybe the best face sunscreen I’ve ever used. It’s pretty thin, but a little goes farther than you think, and once it soaks in it’s almost like the perfect primer for your skin before you put makeup on. So soft and lightweight. I’m also really impressed with the feeling of their new matte liquid lipstick, and in the process of using their progressive night peel that I’ll review when I’m done.
- Rodan and Fields is also a household favorite, and they sent me their eye cream that I always look forward to putting on before bed. It’s so smooth and hydrating.
AROUND SEATTLE – If you’re local here in Seattle, these are some things of note in the area coming up.
- The Riveter – A new co-working community for women. “Big ideas. Beautiful workspaces. Benefits for mind, body, and business.” Gorgeous space on Capitol Hill!
- Baby & Co – TONIGHT (May 18) Baby & Co. is hosting a party to celebrate their collaboration with Union Bay and the Vera Project. You can stop by from 5-8 for bites and drinks and see the wearable art that was created in part to benefit The Vera Project. Details here.
RECENTLY ON PUMPS & PLAID
- My (semi) mellow weekend in Vegas, plus the unlikely restaurant we had our second night dinner at.
- How to prep for your next sunny vacation with Rainglow (post includes a discount code).
- The perfect wardrobe staple dress for barbecues, weddings, and everything in between.
Red scalloped swimsuit by J.Crew. Top . Bottom .